49 Skin care tips
9 Dry skin care tips
1. Cleanse your skin less often
Dry skin only needs to be
cleansed ONCE a day (and no more than TWICE a day) to prevent drying out your skin even more but the most important dry skin care tip is…
2. You need to moisturize your skin more often so…
- During the day you want to use a 'daytime'
moisturizer that has sunscreen added to it like Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer, SPF 30
(or you can simply put on
sunscreen after you moisturize) and…
- At night you want to put on a 'nighttime' moisturizer like Skinceuticals Renew Overnight Dry Skin-refining Moisturizer
that you can leave on all night or…
- You can leave on your nighttime moisturizer for least 2 hours before you wash it off with warm water and if you're wearing makeup…
- Make sure you put on your makeup after you've given your moisturizer time absorb into your skin and…
- The drier your skin is means you need to use a heavier or more
lavish moisturizer cream.
3. Use a humidifier
will help your
dry skin condition improve faster by keeping more moisture in the air so
keep your humidifier on day & night because air conditioners will
quickly dry out your skin during the winter & summer.
4. Use Sunscreen
Sunscreen is important for
all skin types to
slow down the aging process but it's crucial for dry skin types since dry skin ages faster so make sure you use a sunscreen that has a SPF of at least 30 like Badger SPF 30 Sunscreen
instead of the recommended SPF 15 and…
You can use moisturizers that include sun protection or you can apply sunscreen after you moisturize.
5. Use the right skin care products for dry skin
Skin care products that use natural hypoallergenic ingredients like virgin coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, AHA, and Vitamins A, C, D & E are best for dry skin.
6. Don't use products that are bad for dry skin
Make sure that you use alcohol free
toners for dry skin like Rosewater
or Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner
use any skin care products that contain mineral oils or that are
7. Don't shower or bathe too long
You should stay in the shower for no longer than 5-to-10 minutes and most dermatologist even say you should only shower for about 3 minutes when caring for dry skin and while showering or bathing…
- Use very mild soaps and try to use soap every other day and…
- Scrubbing is not good since it may further irritate dry or
sensitive skin so it's better for you to use
exfoliators made for dry skin like a mild oatmeal soap
- Bubble baths are also not good for dry skin but you can bathe in bath oils to moisten your skin to improve your dry skin.
8. Eat a diet to improve dry skin
- Eat a diet that includes
foods high in antioxidants including
- Get plenty of
good fats in your diet like
Omega-6 fats to help your dry skin produce more oil and…
- Drinking more water along with eating more leafy vegetables can also help you gain more moisture in your skin and…
Don't drink too much alcohol, coffee, soda or any other products high in caffeine that will dehydrate or dry out your skin.
9. Don't scratch
skin can easily develop eczema and other bad skin conditions if you continually
scratch at itchy or irritated spots and it's better to use shea butter or
coconut oil to soothe your itchy spots.
7 Oily skin care tips
1. Cleanse your skin more often
The most important thing you can do for oily skin is to cleanse it at least 2 times a day first thing in the morning and again before bed but…
Do not cleanse more than 3-to-4 times a day since too much cleansing will only cause your body to produce excess oil to
prevent you from getting dry skin
2. Use oil free moisturizers
Oily skin only needs
moisturizing once a day (and no more than twice a day) and some dermatologist say it's okay for oily skin types to skip moisturizing all together but…
3. Use a toner
For other skin types you can probably get away with not
cleansing but for oily skin…
Using an alcohol based toner
is important to help you get rid of any excess oil, dirt and makeup.
4. Change your diet
Remove all excess sugars, processed foods, greasy foods and eat more
healthy foods here like more complex carbs, vegetables and drink more water.
5. Don't add any excess oil
- Make sure you hands are clean when touching your face and…
- Don't go to bed with makeup on and…
- Always use oil free or water based skin care products when you cleanse, tone and moisturize your face.
6. Stay out of hot water
Showering or bathing in hot water causes your oil glands to pump out even more oil
7. Make Simple lifestyle changes
Exercise more and control your stress by Seeing 99 ways
to reduce stress
6 Sensitive skin care tips
1. Sensitive skin is Dry Skin
Sensitive skin is basically dry skin that has become irritated, overly dry and scaly so
use these dry skin tips to help you treat sensitive skin.
2. Avoid common skin irritants
- You want avoid all kinds of soaps & face washes and use hypoallergenic cleansing lotions instead and…
- Use un-perfumed organic skin care products by avoiding anything that contains fragrances, dyes, lanolin and the preservatives parabens and formaldehyde that'll irritate your skin.
3. Use trial & error
Everybody's skin reacts differently to a wide variety of chemicals so only you can truly know what irritate your skin or not so…
You can take an
allergy patch test every time you buy a new skin care product to see if skin is irritated by that product.
4. Use moisturizers for sensitive skin.
Moisturizing your skin is the most important thing you can do but you want to use a moisturizer designed for sensitive skin like Pevonia Soothing Sensitive Skin Cream
that will not only hydrate your skin but also soothe redness and calm irritation.
5. Don't use old products
Use new razor each time you shave and throw out old or expired makeup like eyeliner and mascara after 6 months.
6. Use water-resistant sun screen
Instead of using water-proof sunscreen…
Use sunscreen labeled as water-resistant that contains less chemicals that will not irritate your skin but this is only necessary if regular
sunscreen irritates your skin.
The only 2 Combo skin care tips you need…
1. Use skin care products made for all skin types
2. Use dry & oily skin care tips
- You need to make sure your oily area or your T-Zone
which is your forehead, nose and chin stays dry so
see oily skin care tips
- You need to make sure your dry areas which is usually your
cheeks stays moisturized so
see dry skin care tips
6 Skin care tips for men
1. Do it like the ladies
Men need to follow the same basic skin care steps as women by cleansing, toning, moisturizing daily and exfoliating at least once a week
but when shaving…
2. Don't do it like the ladies
When shaving instead of cleansing, toning and moisturizing in that order…
- You're going to cleanse and/or use shaving cream, start shaving and then tone your skin with an aftershave and then moisturize and if you're going to exfoliate your skin…
- Exfoliate your skin before you shave to remove dead skin cells for
a smoother shave.
3. Cleanse Daily
Men really need to cleanse their skin daily to prevent breakouts because men's skin tends to be lot oiler than women's skin because…
Men's pores are 15% larger than women's and the extra testosterone
men have causes the body to produce more oil.
4. Stay hydrated
Men also need to make sure they stay hydrated to prevent dry skin
since men usually sweat or perspire more than women do causing them to lose more
water during the day.
5. Use Sunscreen
Men also need to See how to use sunscreen to prevent premature aging
6. Use eye creams
Since men tend to age quicker (esp. around the eyes) men need to use Special Eye Creams
to prevent wrinkles & dark circles
19 More Skin Care Tips
- Use Sunscreen because Other than smoking… Overexposure to the sun is the major cause of wrinkles so make sure you use sunscreen daily to keep your skin looking it's best or at the very least…
- Protect your face from the sun by wearing a hat and/or sunglasses.
- Use a
nighttime moisturizer and a daytime moisturizer that includes sun protection.
- Keep your hair off your face since the oil in your hair can
- Wash your face after exercising or playing sports.
- Wash your face before you exercise or play sports if you wear makeup.
Use your moisturizer more often
during the winter becasue your skin dries out more in the winter.
- Drink more water so your skin will produce less oil to prevent breakouts.
- Drink more water to also help moisture your skin for more radiance.
- Wash your pillow cases as often as you can because the oil from your hair will end up on your face as you're rolling around on your pillow or at least…
- Flip your pillow over and sleep on the cleaner side each night to prevent less oil from clogging up your pores.
- Clean your bed sheets every 3-to-5 days to keep excess oil out of your skin.
- Open your pores with warm water to really clean out your pores as you shower and then…
- Close your pores with colder water to prevent any oil from getting back in.
- Clean all your makeup tools to get rid of any leftover dirt, oil and bacteria that'll lead to breakouts. Tools that are used with liquid products like eye shadow need to be cleaned everyday and tools that are used with power products need to be cleaned up every 2 weeks.
- Don't use expired skincare and beauty products so you can prevent acne, eye infections, irritated skin and some allergic reactions.
- Store your beauty products in a cool and dry place to prevent bacteria, mold and yeast from growing in them.
- The more sleep you get means the less oil your body produces meaning you will not get as many or no breakouts.
- Do not use soap on your face and use cleansers instead for better looking skin. Only use soap for the rest of your body.
To determine your skin type…
- Wash your face with a
cleanser and then pat your face dry and
- Wait for 1 hour to let your face to go back to its normal state (Do not touch your face while it's drying off) and then…
- Take 5 separate pieces of tissue and press a piece of tissue on your nose, forehead, chin and both cheeks and then…
- Look at the 5 separate pieces to determine your skin type by
looking for oil & flaky skin residue so…
You'll have a normal skin type if…
- You have very little to NO oil or flaky skin residue on your 5 pieces of tissue and…
- Normal skin never looks or feels too oily or feels too dry and normal skin has visible pores that are not clogged up with oil and…
- Normal skin does not get irritated as easily, it feels smooth after cleansing and you also don't
see as many skin problems or breakouts associated with normal
You'll have an oily skin type if…
- You have oily residue on all 5 pieces of tissue and…
- Oily skin is more likely to breakout, it'll have large visible pores and it will feel greasy & look shiny but…
- Oily skin is more resistant to aging meaning you will not get
anytime soon - See tips for Oily skin care or…
You'll have a combination skin type if…
- You have oily residue on only some pieces of tissue (especially from your forehead, chin & nose areas) and…
- Combination skin is usually drier on your cheek areas with it being oiler on your t-zone which is your forehead, chin and nose area and since your T-zone is oily…
- Your T-zone is more likely to breakout - See tips for combination skin care
You'll have a dry skin type if…
- You have flaky skin residue with no oil residue on all the pieces of tissue and usually…
- If your skin feels tight after cleansing then that's also a sign you have dry skin and…
- Dry skin usually does not break out but…
- Dry skin ages faster and is more likely to develop wrinkles and
age spots quicker -
See tips for dry skin care
You may have a sensitive skin type if…
- Your skin is dry, feels tight and becomes easily irritated by regular skincare products and…
- Sensitive skin is usually red & scaly, itchy and it only breaks out in certain areas and…
- Sensitive skin needs special care and attention from a dermatologist
- See tips for sensitive skin care and…
It's important to know your skin type so you can know the best way to take care of your skin by knowing what products you can or cannot use so…
See how to take care of your skin type…
NowLoss.com Created by Adrian Bryant
Adrian is one of the world's most sought after Body Transformation Specialist. Many People (like these here) have used NowLoss.com to Look Better Naked for free.
Even Models seek out Adrian's advice and Doctors use Adrian's unique techniques to help their patients lose weight fast and his new YouTube Channel already has over 35 Million views!
Contact Adrian Follow Adrian on FaceBook, Instagram & Twitter