4 Ways Chia Seeds Help You Lose Weight

Chia Seeds for weight loss

The physiological controls shrouding weight loss are many, as if to say "I bet you can't". Hunger is a culprit, your brain sends a signal for more calories, your metabolism may slow down, or you may have a malabsorption syndrome; all these hinder potential weight loss and leave the person frustrated. One of the main problems associated with botched weight loss resolutions, is caloric control.

Sure you say you'll eat less, but it's hard to refuse what your body wants you to do. However, hope is at hand; Chia seeds bring you one step closer to achieving your weight loss goals. Here are 4 ways Chia helps you do it!

1. Chia seeds prevent huge blood sugar spikes and crashes

One of the main indicators of hunger is your blood sugar level. When the brain is notified of a low blood sugar level, signals are relayed to say - time to eat something. Chia seeds contain complex carbohydrates, which are released in a timely manner.

Not all at once, which would cause an enormous insulin release, followed by a feeling of severe down time. In fact, eating Chia along with another food will also help that food to be better utilized, resulting in overall blood sugar control.

The presence of omega-3 also blunts the conversion and absorption of foods that may be simple sugars.

2. Chia seeds contain vitamins and minerals

Now this may sound pretty lame, but research has shown that dieters who are deficient in a certain mineral are more than twice as likely to break their diet due to cravings of that mineral rich food. So for example, someone lacking calcium while dieting, may more likely than not break their diet to consume a calcium rich food source such as dairy.

Calcium in its own entirety promotes weight loss, and of course Chia seeds contain more than enough. Good dietary insurance is just one spoon away. Another no-brainer why you should always have Chia seeds as part of your diet meal plan

3. Chia seeds are rich in omega-3

Although it is now proven that omega-3 plays a vital part in ensuring overall heart health, studies also show that they promote fat loss. The mechanism behind this is reported to be by increasing the rate of fat breakdown and also preventing new storage of fat.

This translates to enhanced body repartitioning effect, and improved standard of life.

4. Chia seeds decrease appetite

Last, but not least is chias ability to cut hunger. In fact, a study demonstrated that this property is actually responsible for 80% of the weight loss of participants, the other 20% being from a combination of remaining factors. Chia seeds swell upon exposure to water, so a 10 gram serving of Chia is capable of swelling to a maximum capacity of 100 grams!

This explains the satiety experienced by persons on a regular Chia diet. Other notable factors that Chia seeds may promote weight loss by adding improvement to digestion and enhanced sleep. Sleep is known to improve fat loss and metabolic rate. Adding Chia seeds to your diet may just be the catalyst you need to break through your weight loss barriers.

More Weight Loss Foods

More Weight Loss Drinks

More Tips

I'm Adrian Bryant, I made NowLoss.com to help you look better naked & To get rid of any unwanted fat…

Get my Fat Loss DVDs because Taushina Eagle Lost 191.8 Pounds & Justin Walters‬ Lost 230 Pounds using the same DVDs you're going to Get Today For Only $37

Back to Top

Click to Comment

There are 2 comments

Do you work with people one on one

June 11, 2017

Adrian Bryant

not anymore

June 11, 2017

Incorrect please try again

NowLoss.com en Espanol
About | Contact | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Sitemap
Write for NowLoss.com / Become a contributor
© 1996-2018 NowLoss.com