How many carbs, proteins, and fats do I need to lose weight?
It Doesn't Matter How Many Carbs, Proteins & Fats You Eat
ALL that matters is how many calories you eat.
See how many calories you need to eat to lose weight
If you eat too
much you'll gain weight and if you eat too little or less than 2000 calories
you'll lose weight regardless of how many carbs, proteins & fats you eat but…
More Protein = Faster Weight Loss
demonstrate you'll lose weight faster when protein is at least 30% of your diet because…
- Protein kills your appetite making you eat much less.
Increases your metabolism because it's harder for your body to digest
causing you to burn an extra 260 calories per day (or lose 27 pounds per
year) with more protein in your diet.
- Increasing your protein intake will lower you carb intake which may help
you quickly flush out 5+ pounds of excess water weight in less than a week.
As for carbs…
- To prevent you from gaining lots of water weight you
want to limit your carbs to 40-to-60% of your diet.
- For FAT loss the amount of carbs does not matter but eating the wrong
types of carbs (like
the processed foods here) will make you gain weight by increasing your
- Eat more complex carbs or
these foods to
control your appetite & to give you more energy to burn more calories during
weight loss workouts
- You may want to do a lower-carb diet if you're unable to exercise or if
you want to control your appetite better on a lower calorie diet.
As for fats…
- Too much fat won't make you fat. ONLY eating too many calories makes you fat and actually…
- Adding the right kinds of fats to your diet like Omega-3's from fish, CLA from organic beef and MCTs from coconut oil help you lose weight faster. (see why)
- Remember: Fats have 9 calories per gram vs. only 4
calories per gram of carbs & protein so you won't be able to have a lot of
healthy or unhealthy fat in your diet before going over the amount of
calories you need to lose weight.
Focus on Calories & Not Carbs, Proteins & Fats Because…
The main reason why you're losing weight, not losing weight or maintaining
your weight is based on how many calories you eat and/or how active you are.
In this study
you'll see that not matter what ratio of carbs, protein & fats were used
while on a reduced calorie diet the participants all lost weight so…
After you've figured out
how much you need to eat to lose weight…
- Make protein at least 30% of your diet to lose weight faster.
- Make carbs no more than 40-to-60% of your diet to prevent water weight
gain, to help control appetite and to energize your workouts.
- Let fats make up the rest of your diet.
tool to see exactly how
many carbs, proteins, and fats you need to lose weight
Make Sure You Also See…