100 ways to burn 100 calories
IN THE SHORTEST TIME POSSIBLE
Less than 5 minutes
wood continuously for 4 minutes, 22 seconds.
- Run a five -
minute mile. (You'll have burned 100 by 4½ minutes)
- Jump on
a stationary bike and ride it at a pace of 20 MPH for 4 minutes,
Less than 10 minutes
- Hum the theme song
Rocky as you skip rope for 9½ minutes.
- Hike the great
outdoors with at least 22 pounds in your backpack for 9 minutes,
- Play racquetball for 7 minutes, 17 seconds.
- Swim a few laps of your favorite stroke back, breast or
butterfly): 8 minutes or less, depending on the stroke.
- Travel underwater instead of on the top of it and you can burn
calories even faster. Scuba-dive for seven minutes,11seconds.
- Hit a few on the tennis court: Play for nine minutes.
Less than 15 minutes
- Ski down an advanced slope.
water for 14½ minutes.
- Snorkel in the pool and kick at a
moderate pace (14 minutes, five seconds).
- Use a stationary
rower for 11 minutes.
- Hit the weights for 13 minutes.
an intense aerobics class and enjoy the scenery for 11 minutes,
- Walk uphill for 13 minutes.
PLAYING PROFESSIONAL SPORTS
- FACE Michael
Jordan on the court for nine minutes.
- Go two rounds with
Mike Tyson. (do not think you could survive that long? No
problem. Lying unconscious for an hour will also burn the same
- Carry Lee Trevino's bags for two holes
- Throw fastballs to the White Sox for two innings (14 minutes on
- Play half a period of professional hockey.
(Lose calories and teeth at the same time.)
- Bowl 10
frames against Earl Anthony. (You may not bowl 300,but you will
- Throw long passes while avoiding the
Pittsburgh Steelers defense for 10 minutes.
DURING A ROMANTIC EVENING
- Woo her with a 33- minute
tune on the piano.
- Slow-dance through seven songs about
- Give her a full body massage for 19½
- Shower her with 9,240 mini-kisses all over her
- Sweep her off her feet and carry her up to the
bedroom. this only works if your bedroom's on the 13th floor. If
not, you burn eight calories per flight of stairs, so walk her
round a bit.)
- Make love for about an hour. Then again, if
you can accomplish this on regular basis, chances are she does
not care how fat you are.)
- Make breakfast in bed for her
the next morning. Include cooking for 20 minutes, serving it to
her and,yes,doing the dishes.)
WITHOUT MOVING A MUSCLE
- Watch 2½ back-to-back episodes
of Mary Tyler Moore reruns (four episodes if you have them on
the tape and you are zapping the commercials).
- Get stuck
in traffic for almost an hour.
- Slip ice water all day
long. Eight 16- ounce glasses of ice water raises your
metabolism (the rate which your body burns calories) and burns
an extra 100 calories.
AROUND YOUR HOUSE
- Paint the house or clean the
gutter for 16 minutes
- Rake leaves for 20 minutes.
- Push-mow the lawn for 14 minutes.
- Wash and wax the
station wagon for about 18 minutes.
- Shovel snow for 12
minutes, or use the snow bowler for 17 minutes
SPENDING TIME WITH THE BOYS
- Play power pool.
You'll need to shoot 10 racks at an average of three minutes a
- Shoot some darts: four games of countdown 301 or
one game of cricket.
- Play 13 hands of poker.
- Restore your buddy's classic T-bird for 18 minutes.
AT YOUR DESK JOB
- Push a pencil for 45 minutes
- Walk back and forth to the copier for 26 minutes.
- Type on
a regular typewriter for 42 minutes; 48 minutes if you have a PC
- Talk up a client for 52 minutes.
DOING THE THINGS YOUR WIFE TELLS YOU TO DO
13 minutes finding just the right spot for the #@*&% couch.
- Take rex out for a 23-minute walk.
- Haul out the trash
- Lift and lower the toilet seat 3,740 times. (Just be sure to leave it down on the last one.)
DOING THE THINGS MOM TOLD YOU NOT TO DO
- Run with
scissors for 9½ minutes.
- Talk with your mouth full for
more than 38 minutes.
- Jump up and down on the bed 1,336
- Wrestle with your kid brother on the living room
floor for seven minutes.
THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER
- Do 97 pushups (at 10
pushups a minute).
- Do 146 crunches (at 15 crunches a
- Play the nickel slots in Reno 234 times or
- Put 156 golf balls at six putts a minute).
ACTING OUT SCENES OF YOUR FAVORITE FILMS
- Grab a
golf club and make like a swashbuckling hero. You'll burn 100
big ones in just 8½ minutes (and probably break every lamp in
- Groove like Travolta during a dance-contest
- Hit the open road like a wild rider.
- Reenact the end of any movie starring Van Damme, Seagal or Lee
(martial arts): roughly eight minutes.
- Stand in the
mirror and repeat, Are you talking' to me? Are you talking' to
me?" 519 times.
THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT
- Chop down five Christmas
trees. you could have a tree in every room of the house or be
generous and volunteer to do the honors for your friends and
- Spend half an hour putting up the lights outside
- Roast peanuts on an open fire (31 minutes).
- Save your Christmas shopping for the last minute: Walking
briskly through a mall with a stack of packages will burn
through 100 calories in just over 19 minutes.
- Wrap 21 of
those gifts when you get home.
BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT
- plant two medium sized
- Save gas by riding your bike to work(21 minutes at
a leisurely pace).
- Volunteer to pick up trash along the
highway for 19½ minutes.
- Crush 623 cans for recycling.
LIVING THE GOOD LIFE
- Man a sailboat for 26
- Read the financial section for an hour.
- Drive on a polluted road with open windows of your second hand
car for about 38½ minutes.
- Travel the harbor lines
during the peak hours in a second class compartment on the day
when you have bunked office
- Eat all the possible junk
stuff from a dirty furnished third class restaurant at least
twice a week.
BEING A GOOD
- Push your child in a stroller for 30
- Change 52 diapers.
- Take your kids for an
outing a day prior to the final exam
- Sit to watch a
horror film with your kid in the night instead of telling him
all those weird stories about prince and princess.
Make sure you also see…
Get an elliptical machine. My sister and many of her friends swear by theirs (I only just started using mine)... but I have seen the results they can have if used properly! :)
January 04, 2013